Friday, May 2, 2008

Hey, What's Up

Hi blogger! I'm Kate! I love crafting, peoples' handmade goodies, animals, the environment, and my friends and family, among other things. I've chosen to combine a few of these passions into an eco-licious blog here, where I will feature all of the eco-friendly crafty goodies I find in life, on the web, and in my own imagination.

I'm an Etsy seller. My shops are EcoKate.Etsy.com and ShutterKate.etsy.com. I just recently opened my EcoKate shop, and have put a lot more focus on it as of late. For this shop, I've come up with an entirely old concept, dish cloths, and created my own style and patterns for knitting and crocheting them. Here are examples of my dish cloths:





I love to mess with cloth color combinations, and how to model them for pictures in my shop. While most of these cloths are made from new yarn, I consider them very eco-friendly because they are meant to be used as a replacement for throw-away sponges and paper towels, significantly reducing the amount of throw-away consumption we as a culture have sadly accepted as the norm.

I promise all of my posts won't be about the stuff I make, as much as I'm in love with myself...

Anyhow, I leave you with my favorite song of the moment to enjoy when you get a free moment... Be sure to bookmark me and come back to check out all the eco-fabulous goodies I find in the near future!

1 comment:

Katy Reiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.