Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Curried Cauliflower, Asparagus and Chicken Soup!

I'm on day 11 of my first Whole30 and just tried a new recipe tonight. I must say, for a soup that I was worried would leave me neither full nor satiated, after 2 servings, I'm fuller than I've felt on any meal I've made for myself on the Whole30 yet. Hope some other Whole30-ers will get enjoyment out of this recipe!

The recipe itself is a variation of a recipe I found on the Amy Myers MD website. I had thought that the recipe was a soup, and when I went to make it realized it was just a curry, and I was ready for a soup, so I made some adjustments, as you'll see below, to enjoy it the way I had intended.

Ingredients

1 head cauliflower
1 TBSP coconut oil
3 c cooked chicken, shredded
1 bunch of asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
¾ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp ginger
4 c bone broth or Whole30 compliant chicken broth
1 (14 oz) can full fat coconut milk
fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)

Directions

Wash and break apart cauliflower into florets. Heat coconut oil in large pan over medium heat. Put cauliflower, chicken, asparagus in pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.

Add spices to pot and blend well. Add broth and coconut milk, and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat to simmer covered for about 5 minutes.

Remove larger chunks of cauliflower from soup and some broth, and put in blender and blend to a nice pureed consistency. You can then pour the blended cauliflower and broth back into the soup to add a nice, creamy consistency to the soup.

Enjoy!

No comments: